For helping you put together a Zero Waste kit of reusable products that will help you keep single use plastics out of your lives, we have this starter kit.
- A multipurpose compartment canvas bag
- A foldable ‘Take me everywhere’ bag
- Set of 4 cotton drawstring(potli) bags (two plain and two mesh bags)
- Bamboo cutlery kit including one bamboo spoon, fork, knife, straw and a metal straw cleaner
- 2 bamboo toothbrushes
- Pack of wooden earbuds
- SafeCUP menstrual cup
The kit will help you cut out your plastic waste by making the smallest of change in your life like carrying the foldable ‘Take me everywhere’ bag and reusable bamboo cutlery set with you when you step out! Or switching to bamboo toothbrushes instead of plastic ones!
- Bags: All of the cotton, canvas and cotton mesh fabric bags are washable.
- Bamboo cutlery: Wash the bamboo cutlery with water while you use them outdoors, make sure to wash it with soap on getting back home. Remove excess water before storing them back in the cutlery pouch. You may boil the bamboo or metal straw in vinegar water periodically to clean them thoroughly.
- Bamboo toothbrush: Keep your Bamboo toothbrush in a clean and dry environment. Make sure the container for the brush is not holding any water at the bottom. Unlike plastic which does not interact with water, bamboo being a natural material needs to be kept dry.
- Menstrual Cup: Please refer to the digital manual received along with menstrual cup for detailed care instructions for the cup.
How to dispose:
- Bags: All the cloth bags in the Zero Waste kit are made of 100% cotton and are completely bio-degradable. When the bags are no longer usable, handover to a waste recycler that accepts fabrics.
- Bamboo cutlery: When it wears out, dispose the bamboo cutlery with your wet waste. You may also break it into pieces and put it in your backyard compost.
- Metal straw cleaners: The metal cleaners can be re-used longer than the straws. Incase you wish to discard the metal straw cleaners, you may remove the bristles and discard the cleaner with recyclables.
- Bamboo toothbrush: Remove the bristles of the bamboo toothbrush and dispose the bamboo handle along with your wet waste or into your compost.
- Menstrual Cup: Please refer to the digital manual received along with menstrual cup.