This is a the perfect mini starter kit for your Zero Waste outings that makes for a great Zero Waste Travel kit too. It includes:
- A foldable ‘Take me everywhere’ cotton tote bag,
- A complete bamboo cutlery set including one bamboo straw, spoon, fork and a metal straw cleaner
- A bamboo toothbrush
- Foldable bag: The foldable cotton tote bag is washable.
- Bamboo cutlery: Wash the bamboo cutlery with water while you use them outdoors, make sure to wash it with soap on getting back home. Remove excess water before storing them back in the cutlery pouch. You may boil the bamboo or metal straw in vinegar water periodically to clean them thoroughly.
- Bamboo toothbrush: Keep your Bamboo toothbrush in a clean and dry environment. Make sure the container for the brush is not holding any water at the bottom. Unlike plastic which does not interact with water, bamboo being a natural material needs to be kept dry.
How to dispose:
- Foldable bag: The bag is made of 100% cotton and is completely bio-degradable. When the bag is no longer usable, handover to a waste recycler that accepts fabrics.
- Bamboo cutlery: When it wears out, dispose the bamboo cutlery with your wet waste. You may also break it into pieces and put it in your backyard compost.
- Metal straw cleaners: The metal cleaners can be re-used longer than the straws. Incase you wish to discard the metal straw cleaners, you may remove the bristles and discard the cleaner with recyclables.
- Bamboo toothbrush: Remove the bristles of the bamboo toothbrush and dispose the bamboo handle along with your wet waste or into your compost.